Do you wish you knew more about your own father? Here are a dozen interview questions that may enlighten you. (Pictured: my crazy cool dad, looking like a refugee from the Alan Brady show.)
Last month we posted some questions to help you know your mother better. Now it's Dad's turn. This Father's Day, after kicking around a football or watching the game, get out a tape recorder and ask your dad a few questions:
- What have you changed your mind about since you were young?
- What do you most regret in your life?
- What was your biggest fear as a parent?
- What is your purpose for being here?
- In what ways is your life different than you imagined it would be?
- Did you feel pressured to provide for the family, and how did that affect you?
- What did you really think about Mom the first time you met her?
- Who was your greatest influence and why?
- What is the dumbest thing you ever did?
- What has been the most exciting time of your life?
- What talent do you wish you had that has eluded you?
- What gives you the most joy?